Four OPOs share what worked for them
Increasing the number of transplants is a top priority in the OPTN strategic plan. OPOs and transplant programs share their best practices in reaching this key goal. Region 4 OPOs increased the number of donors in the region by 19% and the number of transplants by almost 10% from 2013 to 2014. Watch this series of UNOS-produced recordings and videos to learn how to replicate their success. You can find all of these videos in the quality section of the course catalog on UNOS Connect, our learning management system.
- Successful practices in increasing organs available for transplant
- Clarity, leadership and trust: A path to success
- Donation after circulatory determination of death (DCD)
- The art of the ask: Donor authorization and consent
- Assessing the need and building partnerships – town hall
The ABTC has approved each offering for continuing education points for transplant certification (CEPTC). Your certificate will be available on your transcript in UNOS Connect.
A series of videos developed by the OPTN Operations and Safety Committee show how ineffective communication can lead to everything from hemodilution errors to the discard of a liver. You can access the following list of videos at UNOS Connect, UNOS’ learning management system.
- Communication and documentation of organ allocation deviations (New!)
- ABO verification in the OR
- Hemodilution errors
- Organ discards
- Proactively avert errors