Public comment webinars
We offer webinar opportunities to help you learn more about policy and bylaws proposals that are available for public comment.
Liver committee special public comment
The OPTN/UNOS Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee developed a proposal to replace donor service areas and regions as units of geographic distribution for liver and intestine organ offers. The committee offers their proposal in a special public comment session, October 8 through November 1.
View information from a national webinar, held Oct. 9, 2018.
Regional public comment webinars
Each of the regions will host a webinar for members to learn about and discuss the proposal.
Please register on your region’s page.
- Region 1: October 17; 10 a.m.
- Region 2: October 22; 2 p.m.
- Region 3: October 15; 2 p.m.
- Region 4: October 25; 3 p.m.
- Region 5: October 15; 12 p.m.
- Region 6: October 26; 4 p.m.
- Region 7: October 16; 11 a.m.
- Region 8: October 12; 1 p.m.
- Region 9: October 26; 10 a.m.
- Region 10: October 19; 10 a.m.
- Region 11: October 18; 2 p.m.
Patient webinar — designed for transplant patients and their families.
Oct. 18, 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m. ET
The purpose of these webinars is to provide members, especially those who do not normally attend their regional meeting, an opportunity to learn about the proposals on the discussion agenda. Attendees will be permitted to ask questions during the webinars, but the regional meetings will still be the formal avenue for regional discussion and voting.
A discussion webinar was held on August 21. Proposal Presented:
- Proposed Frameworks of Distribution
A discussion webinar was held on August 14.
- Addressing HLA Typing Errors
- Pancreas Program Functional Inactivity
A non-discussion webinar was held on August 6.
- Change to Hospital-Based OPO Voting Privileges
- Changes to Islet Bylaws
- Tracking Pediatric Transplant Outcomes Following Transition to Adult Care