Transplant Centers: Transplant Administrators and Program Directors
Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from this information.
The 2017 UNOS staffing survey is now available.
The 2017 UNOS staffing survey will close on June 22, 2018.
**Submit your center’s UNOS Staffing Survey by April 18, 2018, for a chance to win a prize at the 2018 UNOS TMF. Someone from your center must be present at the TMF staffing survey prize drawing to win.
The survey is located in the Transplant Administrators section of the UNOS Secure Enterprise Web Site. All transplant administrators are able to complete the survey for their respective transplant programs. To access the survey, click the Transplant Administrators icon. Select Staffing Survey, and then Create New Survey. You have until June 22, 2018 to complete the survey.
Before you begin the survey, you will want to have the following numbers for 2017 available:
- Referrals to program
- Pre-transplant clinic visits
- Pre-transplant evaluations
- Post-transplant clinic visits
- Living donor evaluations
- Total number of patients followed pre- and post-transplant
- VADs implanted, if applicable
- VAD post-implant visits
- VADs your center is maintaining
New in this survey:
- Questions regarding staffing for kidney exchange registries
- Questions regarding staffing for scheduling functions
- New FTE categories:
- Mid-level (PA or ARNP)
- Pre- and Post- Transplant Medical Assistant for Clinic Support vs. Program Support
- Nurse Educator
- Several items are better defined and broken out for better data collection
- A refreshed FAQ page will help further clarify various points of the survey
As in prior years, only programs that complete surveys for their organ-specific programs will have access to the summary and comparison data. The intent of this restriction is to maximize participation, since the value of the survey is greatly enhanced when more transplant programs participate. We expect data to be available in or around July 2018.
Please contact the UNOS Customer Service (UNet Help Desk) with technical questions at (800) 978-4334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.