Matching organs. Saving lives.

Kidney

How to join the OPTN Kidney Paired Donation Pilot Program

In 2013, a record 52 transplant candidates were matched with a life-saving kidney through the OPTN Kidney Paired Donation Pilot Program (KPDPP). Currently, about 57 percent of eligible transplant programs participate in the program (view the list). UNOS strongly encourages the other 43 percent to consider joining, to help make more transplant matches possible in 2014.

It’s easy to join; here’s how – https://www.transplantpro.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/Joining_the_OPTN_KPDPP.doc.

For more information about the OPTN KPDPP and links to all of the resources you’ll need, go to https://www.transplantpro.org/kidney-paired-donation. Contact Program Manager Ruthanne Leishman with questions at ruthanne.leishman@unos.org or (804) 782-4770, or email kidneypaireddonation@unos.org.

Share This