At its November meeting, the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors approved the following slate of nominees for Board appointments beginning in June 2015. The OPTN Board of Directors also functions as the UNOS Board of Directors.
OPTN/UNOS member voting representatives will receive a ballot and biographical information for the nominees in January or February (specific date to be determined).
President (vote for one)
- Betsy J. Walsh, J.D., M.P.H.
Vice President/President-Elect (vote for one)
- Ruth A. McDonald, M.D.; Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Stuart C. Sweet, M.D., Ph.D.; St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Immediate Past President (vote for one)
- Carl L. Berg, M.D.; Duke University Hospital
Treasurer (vote for one)
- Barry C. Massa, M.B.A.; LifeCenter Organ Donor Network
- Richard E. Pietroski, M.S., CPTC; Gift of Life Michigan
- David J. Reich, M.D.; Hahnemann University Hospital
- Christie P. Thomas, M.B., FRCP, FASN, FAHA; University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
- Tim E. Taber, M.D.; Indiana University Health
- Robert J. Stratta, M.D.; Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Minority Transplant Professional Representative (vote for one)
- Cass Franklin, M.D.; Mercy Medical Center
- Fuad S. Shihab, M.D.; University of Utah Medical Center
At Large M.D. Representative (vote for one)
- Sharon M. Bartosh, M.D.; University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- Phillip C. Camp, Jr., M.D.; Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Patient and Donor Affairs and Voluntary Health Organization Representatives (vote for four)
- Mary J. Baliker, B.S.
- Mindy M. Burchfield, RN, B.S.N.
- James M. Gleason, B.S., M.A.
- Kim B. Harbur, B.S.
- Susan E. Light, M.D.
- Deanna L. Santana, B.S.
Histocompatibility Representative (vote for one)
- Patricia M. Kopko, M.D., FCAP; BloodSource, Inc.
- Anat R. Tambur, D.M.D., Ph.D, D(ABHI); Northwestern Memorial Hospital
OPO Representative (vote for one)
- John (Jay) D. Campbell, PA, J.D.; Wisconsin Donor Network
Transplant Coordinator Representative (vote for one)
- Walt Nickels, R.N., B.S.N., CCRN, CPTC; Arkansas Regional Organ Recovery Agency
United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) serves as the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) by contract with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Division of Transplantation. The OPTN brings together medical professionals, transplant recipients and donor families to develop organ transplantation policy.