Listed below are guidance resources about important patient safety topics specific to organ donation and transplantation.
Guidance Documents and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions about the 2013 PHS Guideline
- Identifying Risk Factors for West Nile Virus during Evaluation of Potential Living Donors
- Reporting Potential Deceased and Living Donor-Derived Disease Transmission Events
- Recognizing Central Nervous System Infections in Potential Deceased Organ Donors
- HTLV-1 Screening and Confirmation in Potential Donors and Reporting Potential HTLV-1 Infection
Documentation & Packaging
Root Cause Analysis
Effective Practices for Improving Patient Safety (Member Contributed)
Review these practices submitted by member organizations.