The UNOS Transplant Administrators Committee is seeking nominations for the Annual Heckenkemper Leader in Transplant Administration Award to be presented at the UNOS Transplant Management Forum in April 2018. Please click on the link below to read about this award, review nominee criteria, and submit your nomination.
Deadline for nominee submissions is November 30, 2017.
In memory and honor of Deedle Heckenkemper and the contributions he made in the foundation and development of the UNOS Transplant Administrators Committee and the donation and transplantation community, we are seeking nominations for the Leader in Transplant Administration Award.
• Leadership role in Transplant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Manager level or above at a single or multi-organ program/center
• Must have spent a majority of professional time dedicated to transplant administration
Individual Achievement Criteria
Consistent with the aims of the UNOS Transplant Administrators Committee, nominees must demonstrate through their body of work contributions to one or more of the following:
- Optimize transplant services through administrative practices for the benefit of patients and the broader community.
- Promote patient-centered models and practices.
- Improve safety in care delivery systems.
- Enhance communication and collaboration among transplant professionals.
- Encourage research and “best-practice” initiatives.
- Facilitate the standardization of program information that is collected and commonly shared in the transplant
- community and public venue.
- Provide leadership and input in public policy development impacting transplant programs.
- Provide education for the transplant community regarding administrative issues (e.g., management, compliance, and financial issues).
- Foster new leaders in transplant.
- We will notify all award nominees.
- The UNOS Transplant Administrators Committee will review all nominations and select the winner based on the above criteria.
- We will notify the winner in advance of the award presentation at the Transplant Management Forum in Austin, TX April 24-26, 2018.