The OPTN/UNOS Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee sought public comment on a liver distribution policy proposal to replace current donor service area (DSA) and regional boundaries used in the current system, Oct. 8 – Nov. 1.
On Nov. 2, the committee advanced the proposal for board consideration. It will come for a vote at the December 2018 meeting of the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors.
View analysis documents
- SRTR Liver Simulated Allocation Model (LSAM) Analysis Report – (PDF – 15 MB)
- DSA-level Data Tables – Data Request Based on Circle-Based Allocation – (PDF – 136 KB)
- OPTN Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee Data Analysis Request – (PDF – 466 KB)
- Read a letter from HRSA to UNOS reflecting the “critical comment” on use of DSAs and regions in liver policy (June 8, 2018)
- Read UNOS’ response to HRSA (June 25, 2018)
- Read a memo from OPTN/UNOS Board President Yolanda Becker, M.D. to the transplant community, which references our response to HRSA and the Executive Committee’s charge to the Liver Committee to work on an alternative liver distribution policy replacing DSA and regional boundaries (June 27, 2018)
- Read a July 31 memo from HRSA Administrator George Sigounas, M.S., Ph.D., to UNOS regarding further development of organ distribution policies.
- Read an August 13 reply from UNOS to HRSA’s memo of July 31